Shower Pan Waterproofing
South Coast Specialty Systems offers multi-layer protection with our hot mop application for shower pans. After proper backing and drain installation is in place, we coat the shower pan with three (3) layers of 15-pound felt and four (4) layers of hot asphalt and fiberglass reinforced corners. Applied correctly, a hot mopped pan is ready to go in hours with a smooth surface, free of waves, bubbles and bulging corners.
Shower Pan Hot Mopping Advantages
- Superior waterproofing over single-ply vinyl and liners.
- All areas bond together to form one unit.
- Installed per code.
- Adheres to pre-slope.
- Tightly bonds to unique shapes and conforms with 100% integrity.
- Quick application saves on production schedules.
- No folds, splicing or gluing required at dams, corners, and seams.
- Proven durability.
- Hot moping can cover large surfaces.
- Ready for water test the same day of installation.